Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Last month, Weston turned six. We planned a cowboy-themed party, complete with pony-lassoing and a shooting gallery.

However, right before the guests arrived, I found Weston lying on the steps, sick.

The children immediately began to arrive, so I decided it was a little late to cancel the big event.

Weston spent the party in a corner with a bucket, watching all the children play games, eat food, and dress like cowboys.

When I hugged him, saying, "I'm so sorry your party wasn't fun this year."

He--in his sweet way--said, "It was fun, Mommy. Just not for me."

2 comments:

Garrett B said...

I'm glad he at least got to wear a hat. Did it double as a barf bucket?

Lisa Sanderson said...

Poor Weston, what a miserable way to spend your birthday. He's such a trooper.