The new year brought many wonderful changes. The change that my children were most excited about was a new church schedule. Instead of attending at 9:00 a.m., we now go at 11:00. With such a late start, we should always arrive on time if not early, right?
I'm sure you can guess from this setup that we did not make it to our 11:00 church on time on Sunday. The boys were lined up in the bathroom for a hair/finger nail inspection when Kimball turned pasty and grey and said, "I don't feel good." Then he promptly threw up. Allen, of course, was already attending pre-church meetings, and I couldn't get a hold of him, but there was no way I was letting the healthy children take a break from church (that's the kind of mean parent I am). Finally, I loaded the children, including the puking menace, into the car and found Allen at church. Allen volunteered to stay home with Kimball, and I was left with the rest of the gang at church.
During sacrament meeting, I needed to take Grace to the bathroom to wash off the remnants of sucker goo on her face. While returning to the meeting, I heard a familiar voice over the loud speaker. Weston was bearing his testimony about playing with toys and not sharing (it's apparently much better when you don't share).
Later I found out Cooper also snuck up to the podium while I was in the bathroom. .
3 comments:
Wait, I want to know what Cooper said too! Also, I agree with Weston. Toys are WAY better when there's no one else to mess them up or not play with them properly (as I'm being taught by another little cousinling of mine whenever I don't use his transformers right).
Becky, Your boys are an inspiration and a delight to me. When I have to step away from Liam I never know where he will be. One time I found him hiding in the windowsill of an out of the way room in the church, another time under a piano, and again under some benches. It is like continual hide-and-seek. At least your children were loudly proclaiming their presence right? Also I concur that sharing is way over-rated.
Listen, last week I had to take Isabelle out and LEVI had to be take out by Steve. When Steve got back into the chapel he discovered that Katie was missing, (in the parking lot looking for him). That's why we usually always sit with a family with teenagers. Our kids entertain the teenagers (and sometimes the parents)and we get to enjoy the speakers. My suggestion is if you don't have any teenagers in the ward, import them.
Post a Comment