A few months ago, I wandered into Weston's preschool classroom to pick him up. The rest of his class was busy doing/singing the "A-too-ta-ta" song (does it have a real name?). Weston was standing to one side with his arms folded.
As we walked home, I asked why he wasn't singing. He threw out his arms, "I couldn't get my knees together when my feet were apart, Mom--that is the weirdest song on earth."
Unfortunately for him, most of preschool focuses on musical theater, so he was really out of luck this year.
Last week, he finally graduated from preschool, but, as you can see on the clip, it was a near miss. As singing and dancing take priority over reading, writing, and math at that age, perhaps that explains the close call. (Take a gander at the video to see Weston's moves. Fast forward to the end to see him finally graduate.)
Oh, and for those of you still wondering if there really is an Allen, I included a very brief shot of him at graduation. See if you can spot him. It can be like one of those Where's Waldo books.
6 comments:
I am so there with Weston. That chicken dance has always baffled and confused me.
I wonder if its a boy thing. My girls were/are all over the singing and dancing thing. Levi just sat there and glared. Of course he still glares when singing and dancing are involved.
PS I couldn't find Allen and I actually know what he looks like!
That preschool may be evil...perhaps it was designed by Walt Disney. Did any of those teachers have a cloven hoof or a head bigger than her waist. I'm not sure who publishes Where's Waldo but you can see their ruthless hand in this.
-Lisa
Until a child can, unaided, do the "tooty-tah" dance, he should not be awarded a preschool diploma. That school is soft.
I love it, Kolbryn is going to have a Kindergarten sing along soon and I have asked Kolbryn if he is going to sing really loud and well , he said no, all those words makes my mouth hurt I think I just move my mouth and let no sound come out. THen it wont hurt. So I can't wait to see what happens.
I suspect he's just the academic type! :-) He probably can outspell all the other kids!
Post a Comment