A few evenings ago, our dinner conversation went something like this:
Weston: . . . and then the fart beans exploded
Me: Please, boys, no more discussions of bodily functions at the dinner table.
Cooper: Well, what should we talk about? Lime disease?
Kimball: How about swine flu?
Cooper: We could talk about guinea worms.
Me: I've never even heard of a guinea worm.
Allen: I don't want to hear about worms.
Weston: This looks like worms (pointing to casserole on plate).
I know it doesn't seem possible, but the conversation degenerated further from there. The worst part is, these same worm and disease loving children like to point out bad manners in others at the dinner table. Of course, their manners are ideal.
9 comments:
It's because of the glass houses and stone throwing analogy. All boys LOVE to throw stones.
So what did happen when the fart beans exploded?
Is there a better place to discuss bodily functions or vector-borne diseases?
That is so funny! We also have the rule no "Potty" talk at the table (in an ideal world it would be no potty talk ever) which includes anything less than pleasant...sadly our table talk is more like that conversation.
I think it's funny that "lime disease" was so quickly chosen as the alternate discussion topic. Is it "Lime Disease Week" on the Discovery channel, or has someone in your family had a tick problem recently?
Quinn
Oh I so want to come to dinner at your house. My family always gets mad at me for innapropriate dinner subjects, but it sounds like I'd fit right in with the Johnstons!
Funny, our dinner table conversations recently devolved into an off-off-off-broadway musical, loosely based on primary songs like, "I hate you, you hate me."
"This land is my land it isn't your land, you have a big bum, I have a shot gun."
Geez - where were these interesting conversation topics when we have eaten together???
Post a Comment