Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Daze

Our summer has flown past, and yesterday I registered Weston for kindergarten. The boys start back to school August 3rd. As I've been remiss in blogging this summer, I figured I better give you a "highlights video" post.

  • I passed my comprehensive exams, only breaking one finger during the test (the pinky one I don't use much anyway).

  • Grace noticed that the alphabet song and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" have the same tune, so she started exchanging the words at random. Her first mashup, I'm so proud.

  • Weston caught his first fish--thanks, Aunt Julie. He also decided he prefers catching and touching the fish to eating them.

  • Cooper had two girl friends move away and now has to start his "Casanova moves" (his words, not mine) all over again.

  • Kimball read a record number of books and has become a permanent part of the sofa.

  • Allen ate brats for a week straight without going into cardiac arrest.

  • We obtained and managed to kill two goldfish: John Doe and Megatron.

All in all, a successful summer.




Weston and Grace at Thanksgiving Point



Weston feeding fish at Thanksgiving Point


The kids playing at the Church History Museum in the children's area


Kids playing at the park in Bear Lake






Cooper petting sheep at This Is The Place Heritage Park

6 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Sounds like you guys covered all the essentials this summer. The pictures are great!

Matt-

Lisa Sanderson said...

I once ate three large packages of gummi snacks in one sitting. I couldn't move for two days. Matt still makes fun of that. Kudos Allen.
-Lisa

Sarah F said...

Allen would do well here in "Porkopolis." Perhaps I could line him up with a job at the local Queen City Meats. Kimball, on the other hand, might not do so well in Cincinnati. We frown upon literacy. Same goes for you, Dr. Johnston.

luster said...

Has Kimball read the Diary of the Wimpy kid? Logan loves the first one, the other ones he says he can't understand, yet. Maybe by the the end of 5th grade (his own words). Does Kimball like books on tape too. Logan can't get enough, I tell him stop reading then he goes and sticks a book in the CD player

bjohnston said...

Kenielle, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series has had a big impact on our house. Cooper and Kimball both read all three regularly. Unfortunately, this means that the game "Cheese Touch" has become a standard part of our house (this game has also become expanded in other realms: booger touch, spit touch, chewed up food touch, etc.).

Nicole said...

Lots of fun! I am so glad I finally found your blog!!! Now I can be a blog stalker!!