Some of you might be wondering what has been occupying my time recently since, obviously, I am absent in the blogosphere. Well, Allen and I have been engaged in the noble profession of carpet bagging. I was first introduced to this profession when I watched Gone with the Wind in my youth and saw Scarlett lob a bag of dirt at a Southern opportunistic "Scalawag" and despise those northern carpetbaggers. Of course, my view of them was more firmly fixed after reading Mark Twain's version of nasty carpetbaggers in Huckleberry Finn.
Now I find myself living in a time of plunging home prices and interests rates, and Allen and I joined the carpet bagging ranks. We should close on a new home in a few more weeks. Until then, we'll continue to live out of ratty cloth bags, waiting for our moment to take advantage of some poor Miss O'Hara.
2 comments:
Nonsense your just freeing up future carpet baggers.
We just watched that show with our kids, or should I say I watched with them. I have got Brittin hooked! Logan was interested too, but no way was Kolbryn watching it, so he said but he came and joined in on the fun when the guns and hurt bodies were there, Where did you get a house? COngrats
Post a Comment