Sunday, August 22, 2010

Harry Potter Camping



As a final hurrah before the kids started school, we decided to go camping at Zions National Park. Of course, the day we were leaving, we discovered our planned camp ground was part of a flash flood area. We ended up cancelling our camping reservation and staying at a hotel. (I know, no comments from the peanut gallery about this being the "Becky" camping style anyway.)

As a family, we determined we were camping in a "Harry Potter tent." On the inside, it looked like a hotel room, but on the outside, it was just our old, green tent. Unfortunately, this really confused Grace who spent the trip asking to go swimming at our hotel tent.

All in all, an excellent camp out: showers, beds, and the great outdoors.

4 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

I love Zions! I can see why Grace might need "magic water" to help her feet go further if you're staying in a Harry Potter tent!

Garrett B said...

It makes you wonder why anyone would bother with a sleeping bag. I mean, come on.

Jamie Burnett said...

It certainly is my kind of camping and one of my favorite places.

JennyW said...

Love it. I'm going to file that one away for the next time Lucy and Nick want to go camping :)